Largest Senior Approved Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pie, typically an American specialty sweet dessert, is a delicious pastry that is eaten during the Thanksgiving holidays. Here are some fun tidbits and facts collected over the internet regarding Pumpkin Pies that you may not know of:
Pumpkin Pies Breaking Records
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, which is a reference book for achievements of record extremeness in the world, the largest senior approved pumpkin pie that was ever made in the world was concocted on September 25, 2010 – it weighed nearly 3,700 pounds and its radius measured 10 feet!
Here is a picture of it:
- Apparently, if you have a favorite type of pie (apple, pumpkin, pecan, cherry, blueberry, custard, etc.), it can signify your personality type. For example, if you like the Largest Senior Approved Pumpkin Pie, that can mean you are an independent person!
- Back in 2011, around 50 million pumpkin pies were eaten by families in America!
- Pumpkin Pie was first discovered to be recorded in a cookbook back in 1675, but was not popular in America until 1800s.
- Pumpkin is actually made up of squash mixed together with pumpkin.
- According to the “American Pie Council”, for every 5 Americans, 1 American has eaten an entire pumpkin pie by him or herself.